When going through the Git Clone repository wizard, there are three steps:
For most of the options in step 2 and 3, I am fine with the defaults, and don't need to change anything. The only thing I typically want to change or at least review is Parent Directory.
So I would suggest that Parent Directory should be moved to the first step, and the other two steps should be optional. I.e. I should be able to click Finish on the first step.
Makes no sense to me:
1) current clone wizard is divided into three logical steps: from, what, where to clone, breaking the steps and mixing them seems awkward, undesired and confusing
2) how many times per a day do you clone an external repository? If you were talking about a fetch or push i'd agree but making hacks and shortcuts for a use-case you go through once per month is not something i'd vote for
let's wait for more requests and votes
> how many times per a day do you clone an external repository?
Currently when I explore various technologies, samples etc, about 1-3 times a day. The command line interface for the typical operation is very simple:
1. cd <desired_target_directory>
2. git clone <my_repository_url>
The UI interface in NetBeans is much more complex and confusing, and I don't need 90% of it. I tried to use it for my typical workflow that I go through at least once a day these days, and it's an overkill. I'll continue to use the much simpler command-line interface.
Integrated into 'main-silver', will be available in build *201309170002* on http://bits.netbeans.org/dev/nightly/ (upload may still be in progress)
User: Ondrej Vrabec <email@example.com>
Log: #235506 - UI for cloning a git repository could be simplified
- making the initial panel finishable, adding target folder field to this panel
- by default cloning all branches as "origin/*" when the wizard is finished from the initial panel