I was not successful in setting a different annotation background colors for different profiles. It looks like it's not possible.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Go to Tools/Options -> Fonts & Colors, select Annotations tab
2. Select Breakpoint category and see the default background [252, 157, 159]
3. Change the profile to Norway Today and select Breakpoint again.
4. Change background to Dark Gray.
5. Switch between NetBeans and Norway Today profiles and verify that it shows the expected background colors for Breakpoint.
6. Press OK while Norway Today is selected. The colors in all editors are adjusted as expected.
7. Go to Tools/Options -> Fonts & Colors, select Annotations tab and change the profile back to NetBeans.
8. The Breakpoint category now has the Dark Grey background. This is unexpected, we just changed the background in Norway Today profile.
9. Press OK, the all breakpoints are dark gray in all editors.
10. I'm not able to revert to the original color. "Restore" on the NetBeans profile does nothing. It looks like the only solution is to delete config/Editors/AnnotationTypes folder.
Created attachment 140174 [details]
Implementation for Annotations.
I created a similar solution as highlighting coloring has for profile saving, but I wrapped this by AnnotationType. I left both ways, but profile will override annotation type colorings.
Integrated into 'main-silver', will be available in build *201310040001* on http://bits.netbeans.org/dev/nightly/ (upload may still be in progress)
User: Milutin Kristofic <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Log: #231735 - It's not possible to set different annotation highlight for different profile
*** Bug 236873 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***