When I start my JBoss EAT 6.1Beta the new plugin does not recognize it as running. To reproduce it, follow the steps:
1. Open the IDE and Service view;
2. Expand Servers node and add the JBoss server;
3. Start the server.
You will see that the sand clock icon will never be updated. To see the 'green play' icon, I need to restart the IDE (So I can stop the server). So, to do any action against the server I need to restart the IDE or follow these other steps:
1. Stop the JBoss server if running and restart the IDE
2. Open and run a web project;
3. Select the JBoss Server as target server and wait for the server to start (just look at the log messages)
4. Go to Service view, expand the Server node and when the JBoss node ios refreshed we can see the green play icon.
For me, looks like some kind of refresh is missing. I have tested it with NetBeans 7.3.1 and Build 20130605-06fb6d53d230 with the same results.
Enhancement. BTW JBoss 7.1 (in 7.3.1) and 7.2 (in dev build) should work fine.
Still happening for netbeans 7.4 and Jboss EAP 6.1 & 6.2
This bug probably causes problems with redeploying application. Please check this bug: https://netbeans.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=242364
same behaviour on my setup:
JBoss EAP 6.2