NB 7.3 RC2 made about 130000 uigesture* files (looks like this: uiguesture1234567890.html), without any notification!!!
Previous version (RC1) did not create these files.
This bug has already been: Bug 161691
I have no idea how these files got created. Issue #161691 is resolved with comment: "I never expected that these uigesture files were created by Netbeans."
What is the content of these files? In which folder are they created? What are their time stamps?
I finally managed to reproduce the bug.
The situation is this:
1. I installed the plug-in ez-on-da-ice.
The installation went fine. IDE will work properly.
2. I deactivated the plugin. IDE immediately began to generate files uiguesture.
After closing, the IDE continues to generate the files, and not just generation, but also removal - the number of files changing all the time. This activity continued until rebooting the OS.
3. When you try to remove the plugin, is repeated.
4. Even after removing the plugin, NetBeans continues to generate files uiguesture*.html.
5. Uninstall and reinstall the NetBeans does not change the situation.
6. Helped only with the complete removal of NetBeans, manually cleaning the registry and disk.
OS Win8 x64, NetBeans 7.3 installed from the zip-archive. I deactivated the plugin off the Internet.
In the attached archive dir.txt - list of files uiguesture. There specify the directory where they are created.
uiguesture*.html - one of the generated files non-zero length.
Created attachment 132107 [details]
list of files uiguesture