When opening a project that is stored in a symlinked folder when you update the files outside NetBeans the IDE does not update the file tree or the file contents (if a project is running).
Using NTFS file system and the mklink command
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create a new project (I used a Java Web project)
2. Close the project.
3. Create a symlink (Directory junction) to the project using a command prompt and executing: mklink theCreatedProject newprojectfolder /J
4. Open the newprojectfolder project (junctioned folder)
5. Add a new file to the project (an html for example)
6. Netbeans does not display the new file.
- Temporary work around: close and open the project.
I suspect that the OS reports changes to the files only in the original folder not the junctions.
Is there a refresh button for this cases?
*** Bug 212897 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
> Is there a refresh button for this cases?
Main menu -> Source -> Scan for External Changes
Created attachment 141877 [details]
Patch with a possible fix for initial review.
Support for symlink watching has to be enabled by system property: