After performing a search or inspecting call hierarchy, double clicking on a file opens it in the output panel, together with search and call hierarchy results, instead of in the main panel with other source files.
Could not reproduce. Jan, please would you evaluate to reassign to whoever this might belong ?
Maybe something to do with imported settings from NB 7.0. I deleted my 7.1 profile directory and it seems to behave normally now. I just have to take the time to reconfigure NB all over again.
I have about the same problem.
If I am positioned in a run tab in the output pane and open up a source file by double clicking in the project browser,
the source file opens up in the tab in the output pane I was positioned in.
I also imported settings of my previous installation when installing 7.1.1.
I'm reopening this, not sure if I'm allowed to do that,
sorry if that's not polite.
same issue in Netbeans 7.2 beta build 201203120400
There are a couple of settings for tab at Tools > Options > Miscellaneous > Windows. Maybe 'New document opens next to active document' or something else?
(In reply to comment #5)
> There are a couple of settings for tab at Tools > Options > Miscellaneous >
> Windows. Maybe 'New document opens next to active document' or something else?
None of these settings affect this bug. I also tested 'New document opens next to active document' to no avail.
I also have this issue Its soooo annoying! I also upgraded from 7.0
Same here, started happening after I made an call stack trace(not just that thou).
As I was doing several things it was hard to say what caused it. Tried to somehow reproduce this, no luck
Too fix it I had to do was go:
Product Version: NetBeans IDE 7.1 (Build 201112071828)
Java: 1.6.0_30; Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM 20.5-b03
System: Windows 7 version 6.1 running on x86; Cp1252; sv_SE (nb)
this is window system i hope
Most likely caused by manually docking Output or Search Results or some other window by splitting the editor area. The Output window is then considered a document window and its docking spot is reserved for document windows - there are scroll left/right and drop down buttons in the upper right corner of that area.
Menu 'Window - Reset Windows' brings back the default state.
If that is not the case then please attach a screen shot and reopen, thanks.
I messed up the windows again... at least I know there is a Reset Windows command now. Still a nuisance though, to re-arrange to my preferences over again.
That explanation in previous comment is probably correct, but rather complicated and I cannot imagine a user wanting to achieve this on purpose.
I don't know if this behavior is a side effect of general refactoring, but the way it worked in the previous version was fine, for me at least.
Resetting windows wokred for me in NB 7.2
I found a workaround by saving my cuurent configuration using the "Perspective" plugin. Check this post on Stackoverflow: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12490730/can-i-save-my-window-layout-in-netbeans-7-2
I had a similar problem in 7.3. Reset Windows worked as well.
I have the same issue with right-docket debug windows
Product Version: NetBeans IDE 7.4 (Build 201310111528)
Обновления: Среда NetBeans IDE обновлена до версии NetBeans 7.4 Patch 3
Java: 1.7.0_55; OpenJDK Client VM 24.51-b03
Runtime: OpenJDK Runtime Environment 1.7.0_55-b14
System: Linux version 3.14.4-1-ARCH running on i386; UTF-8; ru_RU (nb)
User directory: /home/aim/.netbeans/7.4
Cache directory: /home/aim/.cache/netbeans/7.4
The 'Reset windows' works but it changes my window layout.
Perspective plugin does not restore right-docket windows.
*** Bug 248662 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Same is happening to me on Netbeans 8.0.2, on Windows 8.1 When you close all the windows the output's pane will maximize. New or opening a file will sometimes put it in the output's pane. I have not notice a pattern yet.
still reproducible on Netbeans 8.0.2 on mac
Hello. Found a solution, seems like it is not a bug.
To fix drag open search ctrl+shift+F, perform search, now grab search tab header and drag it into an editor, to make be placed jsut like other tabs (with code, I suppose). Now right-click search tab header and select 'Float' in the dropdown. Voila.
(In reply to sneakyfildy from comment #19)
> Hello. Found a solution, seems like it is not a bug.
> To fix drag open search ctrl+shift+F, perform search, now grab search tab
> header and drag it into an editor, to make be placed jsut like other tabs
> (with code, I suppose). Now right-click search tab header and select 'Float'
> in the dropdown. Voila.
post.replace(' drag', ','); // first entry
Aww, sorry :( doesn't help. That is something wierd.