Created attachment 116026 [details]
NetBeans 7.1.1 uninstaller should remove all files from profiler folder. Tested scenario:
- install from netbeans-7.1.1rc1-javaee-windows.exe
- upgrade to All distribution (go to Tools|Plugins, select tab 'Settings', disable 'Certified Plugins' and 'Plugins Portal', select tab 'Available Plugins', select all, install)
- create web application
- profile web application
- uninstall IDE (check all possible check boxes)
- the following files remain in installation directory:
C:\Program Files\NetBeans 7.1.1 RC1>tree /F /A
I am not able to reproduce on linux, can it possibly be caused by user rights in program files folder?
I tested that on WindowsXP. All other content in C:\Program Files\NetBeans 7.1.1 RC1 was removed, so I doubt it is caused by wrong user rights.
(In reply to comment #2)
> I tested that on WindowsXP. All other content in C:\Program Files\NetBeans
> 7.1.1 RC1 was removed, so I doubt it is caused by wrong user rights.
Probably cause of this is jfluid*.jar and profilerinterface.dll are locked by Windows thus uninstaller cannot clean them. I'm afraid the uninstaller cannot solve this.
Profiler guys, is there any way how to release these locks?
1. Did you stop the profiled application?
2. Did you stop the IDE before uninstallation?
The profilerinterface.dll is a native dynamic library loaded by the JVM and provided by the OS. If the OS keeps the DLL locked even though a process which were using it has died there is no way we can force release the file lock.
I cannot reproduce with 7.2 dev build.