NetBeans IDE 7.1 RC1 (Build 201111171527)
JDK 7u1 64-bit
This is a purely cosmetic issue, but I did come across it during sanity testing.
1. File > New Project...
2. Choose NetBeans Modules category and Module Suite project.
3. Click next.
4. Enter an invalid project name, containing invalid characters such as \/:*?">|.
5. Click Finish.
6. An error is correctly displayed at the bottom of the dialog.
7. Now enter a valid project name, such as MyProject.
8. The information message "Please specify project name" appears and stays there no matter that a valid project name is now specified.
If the project name is cleared in step 4 instead, the info message will correctly be hidden as soon as a valid (non-empty) project name is entered.
This also applies to the New NetBeans Platform Application wizard.
In NetBeans IDE 7.1.2 (Build 201204101705), I noticed one extra issue. Continuing from the steps in the initial bug report:
9. Enter a name that already exists. The same message is still displayed but the Finish button is disabled. The message should have been "Project folder already exists."
Fixed due to the changes made for Bug 218964.
Verified with build 201211140001.