Bug 205312 - JUnit plugin license is invalid - empty
JUnit plugin license is invalid - empty
Status: VERIFIED FIXED
Product: updatecenters
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Stable
7.1
Macintosh (x86) Mac OS X
: P1 (vote)
: 7.1
Assigned To: pgebauer
Autoupdate Masters
: 71_HR_FIX
Depends on:
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2011-11-18 22:03 UTC by michal.owsiak
Modified: 2011-11-25 11:11 UTC (History)
3 users (show)

See Also:
Issue Type: DEFECT
:


Attachments
empty license (32.85 KB, image/png)
2011-11-18 22:03 UTC, michal.owsiak
Details
JUnit issue (296.35 KB, image/png)
2011-11-22 11:25 UTC, michal.owsiak
Details

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description michal.owsiak 2011-11-18 22:03:40 UTC
Created attachment 113336 [details]
empty license

After first execution of NetBeans 7.1 JUnit installation shows empty license.

see screenshoot
Comment 1 pgebauer 2011-11-21 13:41:47 UTC
This issue isn't a problem on AUC side. I can see in the file http://dlc.sun.com.edgesuite.net/netbeans/updates/7.1/uc/final/certified/catalog.xml the following part:

<module codenamebase="org.netbeans.modules.junitlib" distribution="modules/extra/org-netbeans-modules-junitlib.nbm" downloadsize="10638" homepage="http://www.netbeans.org/" license="DCE70611" moduleauthor="" needsrestart="false" releasedate="2011/11/17" targetcluster="java">

and the file license.DCE70611 is available at http://dlc.sun.com.edgesuite.net/netbeans/updates/7.1/uc/final/certified/licenses/

Since a new version of JUnit has been added to the NetBean IDE recently, the issue could be related to this change.
Comment 2 Jiri Kovalsky 2011-11-21 13:47:01 UTC
Yes, this is really strange. Michal, if you do this:

1. Invoke "Tools > Plugins" from main menu.
2. Switch to "Settings" tab.
3. Select "NetBeans Distribution" Update Center.

What is the URL of the UC?
Comment 3 pgebauer 2011-11-21 13:58:05 UTC
IMHO the issue is somehow connected to the way how JUnit is installed "on-the-fly" from certified AUC during the first start of the IDE. This hack is there because of type of JUnit license.
Comment 6 Jiri Rechtacek 2011-11-21 15:02:16 UTC
(In reply to comment #5)
> (In reply to comment #4)
> > The file DCE70611.license doesn't exist in
> > http://dlc.sun.com.edgesuite.net/netbeans/updates/7.1/uc/final/certified/licenses
> > but there is a file
> > http://dlc.sun.com.edgesuite.net/netbeans/updates/7.1/uc/final/certified/licenses/license.DCE70611
> 
> Why should be a file DCE70611.license there? All license files have names like
> license.XXXXX.
> 
> Please, see:
> http://dlc.sun.com.edgesuite.net/netbeans/updates/7.1/uc/final/distribution/licenses/
> http://dlc.sun.com.edgesuite.net/netbeans/updates/7.0.1/uc/final/distribution/licenses/
> http://dlc.sun.com.edgesuite.net/netbeans/updates/7.0.1/uc/final/certified/licenses/

See at bottom of http://dlc.sun.com.edgesuite.net/netbeans/updates/7.1/uc/final/certified/catalog.xml where a mapping licenses is described like
<license name="DCE70611" url="licenses/DCE70611.license"/>
That's the place where it differs from 7.0.1 and needs to be fixed.
Comment 7 pgebauer 2011-11-21 15:23:01 UTC
> http://dlc.sun.com.edgesuite.net/netbeans/updates/7.1/uc/final/certified/catalog.xml
> where a mapping licenses is described like
> <license name="DCE70611" url="licenses/DCE70611.license"/>
> That's the place where it differs from 7.0.1 and needs to be fixed.

OK, let me know ones it is fixed in JUnit module source code. I will regenerate the catalog.xml at DLC.
Comment 8 Jiri Rechtacek 2011-11-21 15:26:24 UTC
It is not my work to build a modules. Try contact NetBeans Build Engineering.
Comment 9 pgebauer 2011-11-21 15:51:42 UTC
(In reply to comment #8)
> It is not my work to build a modules. Try contact NetBeans Build Engineering.

I did and they told me that they didn't change anything in the catalog.xml generator. Since the generator uses data like info.xml for the catalog.xml generation, they expect changes in the module source code which caused opposite license mapping generation. :-)

I will try to find out why the generator has produced the different output but it seems like a problem with input data. So if you have any idea what has changed in the module description, please let me know.
Comment 10 pgebauer 2011-11-22 11:05:46 UTC
I have changed the license mapping in the catalog.xml file manualy. The catalog.xml file has been uploaded at DLC (and *.gz as well). Please, verify if the issue disappeared.
Comment 11 michal.owsiak 2011-11-22 11:25:48 UTC
Created attachment 113406 [details]
JUnit issue

it looks like the issue is still there
Comment 12 pgebauer 2011-11-22 13:40:31 UTC
It works for me. Please, delete the rc1 netbeans user dir before your verification.
Comment 13 Tomas Danek 2011-11-25 11:11:16 UTC
v.

Product Version: NetBeans IDE 7.1 RC1 (Build 201111242103)
Java: 1.6.0_29; Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM 20.4-b02-402
System: Mac OS X version 10.7.2 running on x86_64; MacRoman; en_US (nb)
User directory: /Users/tomas/.netbeans/7.1rc1
Cache directory: /Users/tomas/.netbeans/7.1rc1/var/cache


By use of this website, you agree to the NetBeans Policies and Terms of Use. © 2012, Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates. Sponsored by Oracle logo