It is not possible to finish debugger session for web application with GlassFish server. I can reproduce it repeatedly but with different number of attempts. To reproduce:
- start IDE with empty user dir
- create web application with GlassFish server
- debug main project (Ctrl+F5)
- wait until page is opened in browser
- finish debugger session (Shift+F5). There is a message in Debugger Console that User program finished but Debugging window and toolbar are still present. If it is OK first time, try to repeat debug/finish until it happens (less than 10 attempts).
Product Version: NetBeans IDE Dev (Build 201108250601)
Java: 1.7.0; Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM 21.0-b17
System: Windows XP version 5.1 running on x86; Cp1250; en_US (nb)
The random bug as caused by creation of two instances of JavaEngineProvider.
It's fixed by changeset: 202228:358037edc875
Integrated into 'main-golden'
Log: #201348 Wait for an instance that happens to be created by a parallel thread.
Verified in build 201109202329.
*** Bug 202544 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***