Product Version: NetBeans IDE 7.0.1 (Build 201107211357)
Java: 1.7.0; Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM 21.0-b17
System: Linux version 2.6.35-22-generic running on amd64; UTF-8; cs_CZ (nb)
It seems that some module from Full distribution makes "Debug > Apply Code Changes" menu action always disabled. In Java SE pack this action works fine but upgrading to Full distro causes this menu item to be greyed out even after editing file and saving it during debugging session.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Download Java SE pack of NetBeans IDE 7.0.1 RC build #201107211357.
2. Launch it with empty userdir, ignore import of settings and install JUnit.
3. Go to "Tools > Plugins", disable "Certified Plugins" and "Plugin Portal" Update Centers and switch to "Available Plugins".
4. Invoke "Check All" from popup menu, then click "Install" and complete the process. Restart the IDE.
5. Generate Anagram Game sample project and make sure it has turned on "Compile on Save" ("Properties" > "Debug | Compiling").
6. Toggle line breakpoint at line 80 in Anagrams.java.
7. Invoke "Debug > Debug Main Project" and wait until the breakpoint is hit.
8. Create new line 81 containing System.out.println("Hello World!!!"); code.
9. Invoke "File > Save" from main menu.
10. Now try to invoke "Debug > Apply Code Changes" but this action will be disabled.
Thanks for the detailed steps. I've reproduced the bug.
Not a stopper for 7.0.1 but a good candidate for its patch.
Martine, any progress on this bug? FYI, release701_fixes branch has been created for 7.0.1 Patch 1. Thanks for your update.
*** Bug 200922 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
It looks like activation of PHP plugin causes the Apply Code Changes action to stop working, as described in issue #200922.
It's fixed by changeset: 199068:5986994aacd1
Can you please verify the fix after it gets propagated into the daily build, so that I can integrate it into release701_fixes branch? Thanks.
Sure, I will do my best.
Integrated into 'main-golden'
Log: #200376: Assure that the correct SourcePathProvider is used.
I tested it in NetBeans 7.1 development build #201108160601 and it worked fine. However, I couldn't upgrade the Java SE pack to Full distro, because there is no NetBeans Distribution Update Center available. So I at least installed all available modules from both Development Update Centers.
Martine, please integrate the fix to release701_fixes branch.
Based on my yesterday's testing changing status to VERIFIED.
The fix is merged into release701_fixes branch:
The Specification Version is increased and link to patches info is added in
Verified in 7.0.1 patched with 2011-08-23_11-01-53 update.
Updating whiteboard status accordingly.