Steps to reproduce:
1) create a new Maven project
2) create the src/main/resources folder (in the "Files" view)
3) add the .xsd file to a package in this folder
4) create a new JAXB binding, pointing to the .xsd file
Nothing happens: no output (even when checking the "verbose" option under "Compiler Options"), no files/directories are created, ...
This bug was already reported as bug 189596 & is said to be fixed, but it still doesn't work for me.
*** Bug 209574 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Please consider to support classpath/endorsed in maven - is that possible ?
Maven projects _do_ support an endorsed classpath. See bug #185139 for example. target/endorsed/*.jar are checked (and mapped to repo JARs when possible). These JARs are normally copied there by the dependency plugin, as in the web app archetype for EE 6.
Please provide proper justification for upgrading the priority. Changing P3 > P1 without but a word of explanation is not much productive.
Adding 'plan' keyword, so it gets planned properly. The support for maven + jaxb is half-made in Maven JAX-WS module, whose primary focus is JEE project. The schema generator for maven is implemented there.
JAXB schema nodes implementation is tied to ANT projects. Proper support should probably include these steps:
* take the schema JAXB maven generator support from maven jax-ws into a separate module, not depending on JEE
* create a SPI to locate (or manage) schemas can be located in both ANT and Maven projects
* refactor the existing ant implementation to implement the SPI
* implement new maven supporting code which implements the SPI and reads / alters pom.xml
Note if you install Jax-WS support in 7.2(3), then jaxb wizard WILL alter the pom.xml file, adding the jaxb plugin execution into generate goal, and maven build will generate the proper classes. But project view will not show the appropriate nodes.