Created attachment 103379 [details]
Screenshot showing the proposed position of the new line.
In the project properties we can have sevear run configurations.
Adding new ones and deleting works fine but there seems no possibility to rename a configuration.
Currently the workflow is:
1. Open Project Properties,
2. click Run
3. select the configuration to rename
4. click the "New ..." Button, add the new name
5. select the old config and delete the old config
Expected would be
1-3. as above
4. have a possibility to rename (button, right click, ...)
I know some hate the comparison to eclipse but I just wanted to check how this is solved in eclipse. It's hard to compare because eclipse has a quite different run configuration as they list the run configs on the left in a tree (where add, duplicate etc is possible) and display the name of the project just as a textfield where it can be edited directly.
Actually I think a rename-button would be strange. What about one additional line under the horizontal line under the "Configuration" dropdown and above "Main Class" which either
- displays the projet name in a JLabel + a little rename-Icon, or
- display the project name directly in a text field (might look strange, if the project name is displayed almost in the same was as above in the dropdown)
By the way: Bug #86491 in "Product: mobility" seems to be about the same topic but it says that this is implemented since 2007.
Yes, please enable simple renaming of project configuration. This also is affected on Mac, Netbeans 7.2 RC1
not related to options. re-assigning for evaluation although I am not sure of the correct product/component. Thank you
Or the JComboBox with configurations can be editable.