[catch] at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
could you please attach the whole messages.log file (located in userdir) ?
Thanks in advance.
looking at the code, the cause for the NPE seems to be quite obvious. Will fix asap.
elishae - it still would be nice if you could attach your messages.log file.
Integrated into 'main-golden', will be available in build *201006050001* on http://bits.netbeans.org/dev/nightly/ (upload may still be in progress)
User: Tomas Stupka <email@example.com>
Log: Issue #187186 - Doing a CVS update/refresh causes NPE
Thanks for the quick fix.
I work in a restricted environment where i'm not* allowed to upload any content to any site (for security reasons). So I could not upload the messages.log
Though there seems to be a bug here.. To me, the root cause seems to be some where else.
As per my understanding, Proxy Selector should NOT* return a Proxy for the uris listed in 'No Proxy Hosts' text box. (Correct me if i'm wrong)
Here, the URI I'm trying to connect is an intranet URI and as such does NOT require a proxy to connect to.
CVS update works fine *as long as* I dont set up the proxy (manual proxy).
These are my observations:
1. After setting up the proxy, the CVS update stops working.
2. Resetting the settings to use NO PROXY does not help either.
3. Recreating the user-dir solves the issue.
So, to me it looks like the code that sets the proxy settings is goofed up some how. Please verify.
After Examining the Code of NbProxySelector.java, I *guess* that the problem lies there.
At Line 279:
dontUseProxy = host.startsWith(start) && host.endsWith(end);
instead, it should be
dontUseProxy = host.startsWith(start) || host.endsWith(end);
For, a non-proxy-host pattern:
*.x matches host.endsWith(end) [but not with host.startsWith]
x.* matches host.startsWith(start) [but not with host.endsWith]
As this seems to be a global problem with proxy settings, I strongly suggest that, it should be considered a candidate for pushing in 6.9 Release build.
Reopening the issue, as the fix checked in does not resolve the issue at hand.
Might be need to reassign to some other component?
> Reopening the issue, as the fix checked in does not resolve the issue at hand.
do you still get the nullpointer as reported? because otherwise it's be better to file a new issue as it seems to be a different bug. see issue #187278 to keep track about the proxyselector problems you described in your previous comments
will close this for now but feel free to reopen in case the NPE should still appear.
Please verify bugfix for this bug, so it can be included in release691 repository.
main #e63b2ff53898 transplanted to release691 #eac99b7d3939
*** Bug 188318 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Created attachment 100694 [details]
Same issue. The CVS worked correctly on NB6.8. It has never worked with NB 6.9.
I have found that deleting
stops the null pointer error.
After re-starting NetBeans, I can re-enter Proxy settings etc with no further problem.
(In reply to comment #16)
> I have found that deleting
> stops the null pointer error.
> After re-starting NetBeans, I can re-enter Proxy settings etc with no further
PS I originally brought my settings over from 6.8. Perhaps that process has a problem
Disregard my comment - it was a temporary fix only. I have reverted to 6.8(In reply to comment #17)
> (In reply to comment #16)
> > I have found that deleting
> > .netbeans\6.9\config\Preferences\org\netbeans\modules\keyring\win32.properties
> > stops the null pointer error.
> > After re-starting NetBeans, I can re-enter Proxy settings etc with no further
> > problem.
> PS I originally brought my settings over from 6.8. Perhaps that process has a