This bug was originally marked as duplicate of bug 181589, that is already resolved. This bug is still valid, so this seems to be another bug, but it might be related.
Build: NetBeans IDE 6.9 RC1 (Build 201005242201)
VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM, 11.3-b02, Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment, 1.6.0_13-b03
OS: Windows XP
imomoi: New project group without any projects was created.
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: file:/c:/ruby/lib/ruby/1.8 is not a valid classpath entry; it must end with a slash.
Created attachment 99744 [details]
First of all I removed old ruby 1.8.6 p38 from c:/ruby.
After it I installed ruby 1.8.6 p398 to c:/ruby/1.8.6 because we need to test our project under several ruby versions.
After it I reconfigured Ruby Platforms and NetBeans correctly detects new ruby installation.
Platform Name: Ruby 1.8.6 (2010-02-04 patchlevel 398) [i386-mingw32]
Gem Home: C:\Ruby\1.8.6\lib\ruby\gems\1.8
Gem Tool: C:\Ruby\1.8.6\bin\gem (1.3.5)
Debugger Engine: Classic Debugger (I have not installed ruby-debug-ide for now)
Gem Path: C:\Documents and Settings\vmolokov\.gem\ruby\1.8:C:\Ruby\1.8.6\lib\ruby\gems\1.8
I had installed this gems for this Ruby:
The URL comes from deleted folder and does not end with '/'.
FileUtil.urlForArchiveOrDir may be helpful.
Created attachment 100962 [details]
trying to open a file
Created attachment 102302 [details]
Created attachment 113006 [details]
Opened the Help about window
Created attachment 113019 [details]
Clicked to Report an issue.
Created attachment 115210 [details]
Created attachment 115214 [details]
Created attachment 115557 [details]
Created attachment 119854 [details]
open C/C++ project with existing code
There are two different exceptions being grouped the same bug report. One claims that the classpath entries can't end with a slash, which is fine. The other says that classpath entries cannot contain a current or parent dir reference, which is not true and a regression of a bug that was fixed previously. Grails/Groovy inline plugins can contain relative paths in the "BuildConfig.groovy" file.
Projects cannot be opened at all.
Created attachment 124922 [details]
I will fix this if I can reproduce it. Can someone explain in steps how I can make this occur?
Created attachment 134574 [details]
Attached the debugger to a glassfish instance
Created attachment 136591 [details]
"run" action for an ant java project. I have created the library via the "create library" action in the "View artifact details" window of a maven project.
(In reply to comment #15)
> I will fix this if I can reproduce it. Can someone explain in steps how I can
> make this occur?
I get it when using the nbandroid plugin (www.nbandroid.org), opening an android project and pressing ctrl-space somewhere to see the javadoc, and look into the IDE log. I have NB 7.3.1.
SEVERE [org.openide.util.RequestProcessor]: Error in RequestProcessor org.netbeans.modules.javadoc.search.IndexBuilder
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: file:/D:/Android/android-sdk/docs/reference is not a valid classpath entry; it must end with a slash.
[catch] at org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Processor.run(RequestProcessor.java:2044)
Thanks for this reproduction. I will try it the next time I am. on a windows machine
Created attachment 136960 [details]
Tried to debug a java application. The derby-10.10.1.1-sources.jar is actually invalid.
In my case, the problem seems to be an invalid jar among the debugger sources.
Created attachment 139819 [details]
in netbeans.org project, hyperlinked to a lass coming from external jars from maven.embedder project. Clicked attach sources, Clicked download, it has found the source jar in local repo, later got this exception
There are several different reports from various areas. I'll try to split them to specific components..
some are related to issue 235675
Exception report #816999 is incorrectly being marked as a duplicate of exception report #170362 (which spawned this bug), so no new bug is being created.
Created attachment 165637 [details]
opening a project