returns incorrect empty map. To reproduce:
1. add "System.err.println("roots2Dependencies=" + roots2Dependencies.size());" into RepositoryUpdater$Controller.getRootDependencies()
to see the results. I will attach a patch that implements "Is overridden/implemented" annotations, which invokes this method when a Java file is opened
2. Open java.source, java.editor and parsing.api modules, restart the IDE.
3. Close java.source module.
4. roots2Dependencies is "0", which is not correct, as java.editor and parsing.api modules are still open.
5. After reopening java.source module, roots2Dependencies was "15" in my case.
Created attachment 91504 [details]
A prototype implementation of "Is overridden/implemented" annotations.
Also breaks refactoring/find usages:
1. Open java.editor, java.source and parsing.api, when scan finishes, close java.editor.
2. Open ParserManager and find all usages of "parse" method - only occurrences inside parsing.api are found, occurrences in java.source are ignored.
3. Restart the IDE, perform Find Usages again - the occurrences of PM.parse in java.source are found.
Fixed in jet-main 9600fa4ed20b
verified in trunk, please go on and integrate the fix into release68
Patch 1 candidate
ok, I agree with patch 1 candidate. Marking as verified
Integrated into 'main-golden', will be available in build *200911261400* on http://bits.netbeans.org/dev/nightly/ (upload may still be in progress)
User: Tomas Zezula <email@example.com>
Log: #177396:IndexingController.getRootDependencies() incorrectly returns empty map
*** Bug 178710 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
The fix has been ported into the release68_fixes repository.