1. Created file name
I can not change file name (source or header) for new class.
2. Location of created files
I'd like to see newclass.cpp in "Source files" and newclass.h in "Header files" folder
(especially if i create class from project item menu).
1) Not sure what you mean. You can choose a name when you create the class, and you can rename the two files individually afterwards. Do you expect
something else? Perhaps refactoring?
2) You can control the physical file location of the each of the two files created. They will both be created in the logical folder the action is initiated fro like
any other new file. Doing what you suggest is not really possible. Header Files and Source Files are logical folders and the user can apply any meaning to them
as he wishes and they could have been renamed or even deleted. Alternatively, the wizard could be extended to also include logical folders but then it
becomes a very complicated wizard. Isn't easier just to drag&drop the header file into the folder you like?
1. Usually class names contains capital letters but file names for them don't.
So you will have to rename files each time.
2. We could create files in "Header Files" and "Source Files" only in case of existence of this folders.
I don't think that we should create a complicated wizard, I'd like to cover the simplest use case.
OK, so you suggest we enhance the wizard with something like:
[x] Put xxx.cc in Sources and xxx.h in Headers after creation
and have it enabled by default if both Source and Headers exist and have it disable if they don't.
Will change to enhancement....
*** Bug 179332 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Since a new project is created with "Source Files" and "Header Files" logical folders, it would be only natural to put those files in those places.
It is very annoying to use the class creation wizard and have both created files end up NOT in those logical folders.
It would be cleaner if you just didn't create those logical folders when the project is created until this feature is implemented.
*** Bug 232396 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Any chance for this being fixed in 7.4? I think it's not that big a change and it's been 4 years, it would amazing to have such a feature :)
fixed, change set: