Current description part of artifact viewer is too expanded and using some bad UI practices IMHO, and so I propose some
1) Merge tabs "Basic" and "Project" into tab "Description" (we will gain more place for toolbar)
2) Use labels instead of non-editable text fields
3) Remove rounding borders and make information more compact generally
...follow specific things:
4) Remove "Other versions" completely from "Basic" panel, move it as combo box into toolbar or into whole artifact
viewer window system tab (as version selection affects content of all 4 panels)
5) Merge "Coordinate" and "Primary Artifact properties" and "Secondary artifact" into newly created first section
"Artifact" of "Description" panel
6) Current content of "Project" tab will be "Project" section of "Description" tab
7) "Mailing lists" section will use JList
8) Undefined sections will be dimmed and compacted so that they doesn't eat space
9) Sections with name and url, like "Issue tracking" and "Continuous integration" will be solved like in welcome page,
named link that will show URL in status line (and in tooltip if we want)
Editing: Let's keep things in description completely non-editable. We can consider to allow user to jump into proper
section of the POM by clicking on section label.
*** Issue 161756 has been marked as a duplicate of this issue. ***
not for 6.7 I assume.
please add it to the http://wiki.netbeans.org/MavenPlan68 page.
is it still valid?