Bug 158307 - NullPointerException at org.netbeans.modules.mobility.project.ui.customizer.AddMIDletPanel.isValid
NullPointerException at org.netbeans.modules.mobility.project.ui.customizer.A...
Status: VERIFIED FIXED
Product: javame
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Build System
6.x
All All
: P3 (vote)
: TBD
Assigned To: Petr Suchomel
issues@mobility
http://statistics.netbeans.org/except...
EXCEPTIONS_REPORT, 65fixes3-verified
:
Depends on: 154624
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2009-02-10 14:00 UTC by lpintilie
Modified: 2009-03-17 12:36 UTC (History)
5 users (show)

See Also:
Issue Type: DEFECT
:


Attachments
stacktrace (7.14 KB, text/plain)
2009-02-10 14:00 UTC, lpintilie
Details

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description lpintilie 2009-02-10 14:00:39 UTC
Build: NetBeans IDE 6.5 (Build 200811100001)
VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM, 11.2-b01, Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment, 1.6.0_12-b04
OS: Linux, 2.6.27.12-170.2.5.fc10.i686, i386

User Comments:
lpintilie: I started by creating a project with ktoolbar of WTK2.5.2 without creating any source files - I wanted NB to be my editor for such sources. Later I imported that project in Netbeans. When I created the first Midlet, I used the same name as specified in ktoolbar, but in a different package. When I wanted to correct the details in the NetBeans project, the exception occured, due to conflicting names, I presume. Is this a plausible workflow for developing JavaME applications? Some phone vendors make available their own SDKs, which are in fact rebranded versions of WTK, so having NetBeans use that project structure makes some sense, IMHO.

GUEST: Rename Midlet and setting icon to the midlet application

lpintilie: I started by creating a project with ktoolbar of WTK2.5.2 without creating any source files - I wanted NB to be my editor for such sources. Later I imported that project in Netbeans. When I created the first Midlet, I used the same name as specified in ktoolbar, but in a different package. When I wanted to correct the details in the NetBeans project, the exception occured, due to conflicting names, I presume. Is this a plausible workflow for developing JavaME applications? Some phone vendors make available their own SDKs, which are in fact rebranded versions of WTK, so having NetBeans use that project structure makes some sense, IMHO.



Stacktrace: 
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.netbeans.modules.mobility.project.ui.customizer.AddMIDletPanel.isValid(AddMIDletPanel.java:122)
        at java.awt.Component.invalidateIfValid(Component.java:2740)
        at java.awt.Component.setLocale(Component.java:1810)
        at javax.swing.JComponent.<init>(JComponent.java:595)
        at javax.swing.JPanel.<init>(JPanel.java:65)
        at javax.swing.JPanel.<init>(JPanel.java:92)
Comment 1 lpintilie 2009-02-10 14:00:47 UTC
Created attachment 76791 [details]
stacktrace
Comment 2 Petr Suchomel 2009-02-10 14:30:04 UTC
Please switch back to JDK6u10. We need to deliver patch for 6.5 to work with JDK6u12
Comment 3 Petr Suchomel 2009-02-16 10:28:07 UTC
Fixed in trunk
Comment 4 Andrei Chistiakov 2009-02-17 13:30:10 UTC
Verified with  NetBeans IDE Dev (Build 200902161401).
Comment 5 Marian Mirilovic 2009-03-03 14:33:24 UTC
http://hg.netbeans.org/release65_fixes/rev/5e58d42be709
Comment 6 Andrei Chistiakov 2009-03-05 16:34:01 UTC
Verified with NetBeans IDE 6.5.1 (Build 200903050001)


By use of this website, you agree to the NetBeans Policies and Terms of Use. © 2014, Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates. Sponsored by Oracle logo