Why - Need for Enhancement
We have few TopComponent windows in our application and we don't want that user can close(x) one of the TopComponent
window as we wanted it to display always.
Also, wanted to rename the string values of context menu on Editor TopComponent. As of now this context Menu displays
Close All Documents
Close Other Documents
So, I wanted to edit few of those strings and add few other actions to this menu.
The following things I wanted to do:-
1) User should not be able to close a particular TopComponent window i.e Close button should not be visible to user.
2) User should not be able to undock a particulat TopComponent window i.e "Undock Window" option should not be visible
to user and can't be accessed by its shortcut.
3) To customize the popup context menu in individual TopComponents.
What to Enhance
For this, it would be nice if you can provide an API to turn such a thing on/off at will for individual TopComponents
1) An API should be provided to turn on/off "Close" & "Minimized" Buttons in individual TopComponents.
2) An API to customize the popup context menu items and their strings in individual TopComponents.
3) An API to add more buttons at the Top(i.e adjacent to close, minimize) of individual TopComponent windows.
4) It would be great if an API is provided to enable/disable popup menus on individual TopComponents & Toolbar.
i've integrated api changes for #156693 which allow turning closing, sliding, undocking, dragging and maximization off
for a single topcomponent
if you want more window system customizations, please file separate issues for them, thanks