Sometimes profiler does not have all data in CPU snapshot.
Steps to reproduce:
1) take CumputePrimeNumberWebApp from tutorial http://www.javapassion.com/handsonlabs/nbprofilerperformance/index.html#Exercise_4
2) select Perfotmance.processRequest() as root method
3) start application
4) wait till application is started and web page is displayed
5) open Live results window
6) there should be only one method: Perfotmance.processRequest(), invoked one time
7) take snapshot
8) snapshot contains Perfotmance.processRequest()
9) press 'Submit' in web form
10) go to live results window and wait for new data from computation
11) live results window will contain
12) take snapshot
13) snapshot will contain only
It works fine in NB 6.1
Fixed in profiler-main
user: Tomas Hurka <email@example.com>
date: Fri Nov 21 16:59:00 2008 +0100
summary: bugfix #153646, if existingChild is not null, compParent must be existingChild, otherwise childs of node are not added to the snapshot
Integrated into 'main-golden', will be available in build *200811220201* on http://bits.netbeans.org/dev/nightly/ (upload may still be in progress)
User: Tomas Hurka <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Log: bugfix #153646, if existingChild is not null, compParent must be existingChild, otherwise childs of node are not added to the snapshot
The issue didn't pass the nomination process by nomination cut-off date. It has been marked as 65fixes2-candidate.
Verified in Build 200811240201
The fix was ported into release65_fixes repository.
(Marked as 65fixes1-candidate and it is P1.)
Based on the offline discussion, the issue will be part of 65patch1.
The fix has been ported into the release65_fixes repository.