Please use the Apache issue tracking system for new NetBeans issues (https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/NETBEANS0/issues) !!
Bug 153286 - IllegalArgumentException: Called DataObject.find on null
IllegalArgumentException: Called DataObject.find on null
Status: VERIFIED FIXED
Product: serverplugins
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Tomcat
6.x
All All
: P2 (vote)
: 7.1
Assigned To: Petr Hejl
issues@serverplugins
http://statistics.netbeans.org/except...
EXCEPTIONS_REPORT
:
: 177617 178829 190126 197121 198499 208362 (view as bug list)
Depends on:
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2008-11-16 19:50 UTC by martinoconnor
Modified: 2012-03-27 08:41 UTC (History)
11 users (show)

See Also:
Issue Type: DEFECT
:


Attachments
stacktrace (1.83 KB, text/plain)
2008-11-16 19:50 UTC, martinoconnor
Details

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description martinoconnor 2008-11-16 19:50:39 UTC
Build: NetBeans IDE 6.5 RC2 (Build 200810270001)
VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM, 11.0-b15, Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment, 1.6.0_10-b33
OS: Windows Vista, 6.0, x86

User Comments:
martinoconnor: Create web project with Spring MVC framework support.

martinoconnor: Create web project with Spring MVC framework support.



Stacktrace: 
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Called DataObject.find on null
        at org.openide.loaders.DataObject.find(DataObject.java:477)
        at org.netbeans.modules.tomcat.config.TomcatModuleConfiguration.init(TomcatModuleConfiguration.java:133)
        at org.netbeans.modules.tomcat.config.TomcatModuleConfiguration.<init>(TomcatModuleConfiguration.java:115)
        at org.netbeans.modules.tomcat.config.TomcatModuleConfigurationFactory.create(TomcatModuleConfigurationFactory.java:77)
        at org.netbeans.modules.jee.deployment.config.ConfigSupportImpl.getModuleConfiguration(ConfigSupportImpl.java:707)
        at org.netbeans.modules.jee.deployment.config.ConfigSupportImpl.ensureConfigurationReady(ConfigSupportImpl.java:216)
Comment 1 martinoconnor 2008-11-16 19:50:45 UTC
Created attachment 73800 [details]
stacktrace
Comment 2 Thuy.d Nguyen 2008-12-19 02:19:20 UTC
For us to debug the issue,  could you describe the steps to reproduce this error? At what point in your development
activity, did you get this error?
Comment 3 martinoconnor 2009-03-01 20:19:29 UTC
I can't remember much detail about it, but I was using a maven project.
Comment 4 Petr Hejl 2009-04-02 16:27:30 UTC
Milosi, have you ever seen this?
Comment 5 Milos Kleint 2009-04-02 17:25:31 UTC
no.

the stacktrace attached to the issue doesn't come from maven projects..
what file is null anyway?
Comment 6 Exceptions Reporter 2009-10-24 20:44:53 UTC
This issue already has 22 duplicates 
see http://statistics.netbeans.org/exceptions/detail.do?id=136437
Comment 7 Petr Jiricka 2011-09-30 09:04:52 UTC
Still happens sometimes in 7.0.x, now 153 duplicates. Reported on the netcat mailing list:
"it happen when creating new java web project."

See: http://netbeans.org/projects/www/lists/netcat/archive/2011-09/message/747
Comment 8 Petr Hejl 2011-10-03 13:13:44 UTC
This is very hard to reproduce (well, impossible for me). Is there a reproducible use case? Perhaps it might be related to FS permissions and/or project configuration. Does this happen for new ant web project? Or for web project with existing sources?
Comment 9 Petr Hejl 2011-10-03 13:17:03 UTC
*** Bug 178829 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Comment 10 Petr Hejl 2011-10-03 13:17:11 UTC
*** Bug 190126 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Comment 11 Petr Hejl 2011-10-07 12:37:47 UTC
I think I found reproducible case. I noticed in sent reports that in every report there is a project deletion followed by a project creation. Reporters can you confirm that?

It looks like the deleted project is actually the source of exception. Although it is deleted its objects are still in memory (not yet GCed) and receive events from the subsequent project creation (same name and location) triggering NPE, IAE etc.

Should be fixed in web-main 27d3ae281d8d. Please verify.

Jirko, as the patch is touching the project listeners, can you also verify there are no regressions in changing the server, changing the WEB-INF and META-INF location? I checked that but it would be great if somebody else could recheck it.
Comment 12 Petr Hejl 2011-10-07 12:46:39 UTC
Actually the changeset is b4e61e15ada0.
Comment 13 Petr Hejl 2011-10-07 12:54:48 UTC
*** Bug 197121 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Comment 14 Quality Engineering 2011-10-10 12:24:24 UTC
Integrated into 'main-golden'
Changeset: http://hg.netbeans.org/main-golden/rev/b4e61e15ada0
User: Petr Hejl <phejl@netbeans.org>
Log: #153286 IllegalArgumentException: Called DataObject.find on null
Comment 15 Petr Hejl 2011-10-10 13:57:15 UTC
*** Bug 198499 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Comment 16 Jiri Skrivanek 2011-10-11 11:46:08 UTC
So far I haven't found any regression.
Comment 17 Petr Hejl 2011-10-14 09:21:29 UTC
*** Bug 177617 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Comment 18 Petr Hejl 2012-03-27 08:41:29 UTC
*** Bug 208362 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***


By use of this website, you agree to the NetBeans Policies and Terms of Use. © 2014, Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates. Sponsored by Oracle logo