Now that DTDs have been obsoleted by not being namespace compatible, XML Schemas (W3C) are the only perspective document type definition language for XML.
Schema support should include:
- Schema XML document validation
- Schema editor (eventually converter vs DTD)
- XML document editor using Schema for completion / on the fly error checking
- XML Schema aware parser featuring XNI interface.
- Be able to recognize that an XML document represents XML schema
and handle it according to it (by namespace).
Parser must know that a document is XML schema to be able to apply
contrains. It can be achieved by using a wrapper document that will
reference the schema. The parser will get the document as a source to
Must have feature.
In 3.4 timeframe is planned only validation part.
Because you changed Target Milestone this feature was automatically
removed from planned 3.4 features
TM is again 3.4, you can file new RFE for Enhanced XML Schema support.
Schema checking and validation implemented.
Other support aspects such as completion, designer, etc. will be a
part of next releases.
implemented in 3.4
but in 4.0 seems not very reliable, I enter new issue for it
the issue was #47479, but this is a dup of already filled bug