I am using the latest netbeans build
Product Version = NetBeans IDE 6.5 RC1 (Build 200810171318)
Operating System = Windows XP version 5.1 running on x86
- Install NB build
- Go to plugin installer
- Generic Portlet module 2.0.6 version is available in NB Update Center.
- Try to install Spring Portlet 1.0 and Generic Portlet 2.92 from local machine from Download tab.
- Spring Portlet 1.0 requires minimum Generic Portlet v2.9 . So ideally the plugin installer should install Generic
Portlet 2.9 from local download and then install Spring Portlet 1.0 . But looks like it tries to check the Generic
Portlet version 2.0.6 from update center and throws error
"The plugin Generic Portlets is requested in version >= 2.9 but only 2.0.6 was found.
The following plugin is affected:
Spring Portlets "
- So while installing from a local path, why does the plugin installer trying to resolve the dependency modules from the
auc before checking the dependency module's existence from the local path mentioned in the "Download" tab ?
This scenario is working fine with NB 6.5 Beta.
Created attachment 72178 [details]
Created attachment 72179 [details]
Created attachment 72180 [details]
Could you please attach your NBMs to reproduce with them. It works for me on my test NBMs. Thanks
Created attachment 72245 [details]
Generic Portlet 2.92
Created attachment 72246 [details]
Thank you. I'm investigating...
Steps to reproduce :
- Download the attached Generic Portlet & Spring Portlet nbms
- Go to Tools > Plugin
- Go to available plugins, check if all the available plugins are visible. Please click "Reload Catalog" and wait to see
all the available plugins.
- You can see a plugin "Generic Portlet" (v. 2.0.6) under PortalPack category.
- Then go to download tab and add both attached nbms. Try to install them.
Please let me know if you can reproduce this.
I can confirm this defect. As a workaround, mark the Update Center NetBeansRC1 as inactive in Setting tab and then try
install your NBMs again.
Thanks for the confirmation.
I saw the target release has been changed to 7.0 . Can't it be fixed in the NB 6.5 final release ?
fixed in rev/87f676048c77
It is a real problem which appear once:
1) a plugin A is already stagged on UC (e.g. 1.0)
2) user installed in Download tab plugins A2.0, B1.0 where B depends on A > 1.0
=> PM report a broken dependency A > 1.0 due to A is available in version 1.0 only.
I agree it should be patch1 candidate.
Integrated into 'main-golden', will be available in build *200810220201* on http://bits.netbeans.org/dev/nightly/ (upload may still be in progress)
User: Jiri Rechtacek <email@example.com>
Log: #150610: Plugin install is not able to resolve the module dependecy properly
If you backport this issue, keep in mind a problem of installing patch of Autoupdate is some cases - issue 151108.
*** Issue 150966 has been marked as a duplicate of this issue. ***
The fix has been ported into the release65_fixes repository.
Product Version: NetBeans IDE 6.5 (Build 200811100001)
Java: 1.6.0_10; Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM 11.0-b15
System: Windows XP version 5.1 running on x86; Cp1252; en_US (nb)
Cannot reproduce in the build above containing 6.5 patch1 - changing the status whiteboard to 65fixes1-verified.