1. Connect to MySQL DB and expand it's node.
2. Rightclick "Tables" node and choose "Create Table".
3. Rightclick added table and choose "View Data".
4. Add table with 1 columns with BIT type and some values with "Insert Record" dialog.
5. Change values and try to commit.
Result: NullPointerException arises.
Full stack trace:
[catch] at org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Processor.run(RequestProcessor.java:997)
Looks like even when there was valid exception, somehow it was unable to report the problem, instead it was throwing
null pointer. I have a fix already for this, will check this in in few minutes.
Please note, ambiguous updates are not allowed, which means, unless a row can be identified as unique we don't allow the
update/delete operation, since this could delete or updated unwanted rows. I have also observed other sql tools doing
Integrated into 'main-golden', will be available in build *200810181401* on http://bits.netbeans.org/dev/nightly/ (upload may still be in progress)
Log: Issue #150282 NullPointerException arises by attempt to commit BIT data
Verified with build 081020.
I've transplanted the changeset http://hg.netbeans.org/main/rev/b505c70071b0 into release65_fixes repository as