Build: NetBeans IDE Dev (Build 200808241401)
VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM, 11.0-b15, Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment, 1.6.0_10-rc-b28
OS: Linux, 2.6.24-19-generic, amd64
Checked out two projects from svn:// location.
Made into "Project with existing sources", thus creating nbbuild.xml files for both.
Clicked on first project, selected menu "Versioning / Update with Dependencies".
Right-clicked on second project, picked "Clean and Build", got immediate return.
"Build" and "Clean" options were greyed out. WTF?
Left-clicked on second project, selected menu "Versioning / Subversion / Update with Dependencies".
Created attachment 68298 [details]
> "Build" and "Clean" options were greyed out. WTF?
maybe this helps - http://blogs.sun.com/coreqa/entry/why_is_build_action_grey
however, shouldn't be related to the exception...
looks like you got the problem with a couple of times - the build 200808241401 from this issue, and 200808300201 as
mentioned in #122411.
any chance to reproduce?
could you please attach your whole log file if it should appear again?
Created attachment 69368 [details]
log showing Subversion-related NPE - 2nd try to attach
does this happen randomly or do you get it always after a particular action?
there seems to be something with:
- what exactly did you select and what action caused the exception?
- is the mentioned file/folder part of the selection?
at some point, netbeans thinks it isn't managed by svn, on the other hand, it was possible to invoke update on it:
- what is it's svn status - is it just svn versioned, or maybe ignored, external, new ... ?
- could you please run svn info for the given path from the commandline and attach the output to this issue?
- in case it is a folder, does it contain svn metadata (a .svn folder)?
- does any of its parent folders contain svn metadata? which one
- could it be some of its parent folder are versioned by some another system? e.g cvs
- anything else you think could be of interest
- in case you can easily reproduce the issue - please start nb with the following switches, reproduce, and attach you
log file again.
i've added some changes to the update action. There is a chance they fix your problem.
However, i'd still like to see the output given by the switches.
thanks a lot
user: Tomas Stupka <email@example.com>
date: Tue Sep 09 09:14:16 2008 +0200
summary: #145080 - NullPointerException at org.netbeans.modules.subversion.Subversion.getClient
Integrated into 'main-golden', will be available in build *200809100201* on http://bits.netbeans.org/dev/nightly/ (upload may still be in progress)
User: Tomas Stupka <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Log: #145080 - NullPointerException at org.netbeans.modules.subversion.Subversion.getClient
any update on this?
Without requested information for long time - INVALID. We can't do anything in this case. Reporter, please add requested
information and reopen issue. Thanks in advance.