I've got error message while taking Heap Dump for project which located in folder containing russian characters.
See message.log in attachment
Created attachment 65247 [details]
added keyword I18N
what is the project encoding being used ?
if it is utf-8, could you change to cp1251
to see if problem happens there also ?
also,just want to confirm that if project is in folder or path that does not
have Russian characters, does the problem not happen ?
I am not able to reproduce it on Mac OS X.
Reproduced on Windows using ru_RU (nb); Cp1251. The same problem happens when taking the heap dump from JConsole, it
seems more like a JDK bug.
I checked our sources and we correctly pass String with the filename to the appropriate methods so I believe that this is not bug in NetBeans Profiler. Please
file issue against JDK using jconsole as example. Closing as wontfix.
Error message remains after project encoding changed to cp1251.
I didn't face with any problem while take Heap Dump with Jconsole for the same application.
So I didn't file issue against JDK (also cause now I have read only permission in bugster and since tomorrow till 8
August I will be on vacation)
For Ken : I confirm that if project is in folder or path that does not
have Russian characters, the problem does not happen
How did you took heap dump with jconsole? You have to use name containing russian characters.
I used the same project located in folder containing russian characters
The issue is reproducible.
I'm running in Japanese locale, using a pseudo localized Netbeans with font size 16 option:
Product Version: NetBeans IDE Dev (Build 20080721233246)
Java: 1.6.0_06; Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM 10.0-b22
System: Windows XP version 5.1 running on x86; MS932; ja_JP (nb)
There is an err message on attempt to generate heap dump. See image.
jconsole generates the dump properly. I used mbyte chars in project location path.
If this issue is about jdk, provide a number please. Then close this one.
Created attachment 65387 [details]
Created attachment 65388 [details]
Created attachment 65389 [details]
Kaa, are you sure you are entering path to the heapdump using Japanese characters in JConsole? I can only see "heapdmp".
Heap dump was generated in the project folder (8.71Mb):
Java; VM; Vendor = 1.6.0_07; Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM 10.0-b23; Sun Microsystems Inc.
Runtime = Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 1.6.0_07-b06
System Locale; Encoding = cs_CZ (nb); Cp1250
Steps to reproduce the failure using JConsole:
1/ Create new project AnagramGame on a path containing special characters. I've used "E:\Projects\ěšč\AnagramGame"
2/ Start the project from within the IDE
3/ Start JConsole, select the AnagramGame process and connect to it
4/ In MBeans tab, navigate to com.sun.management.HotSpotDiagnostic | Operations | dumpHeap
5/ Enter "E:\Projects\ěšč\AnagramGame\dump.hprof" for p0 and "true" for p1
6/ Press the heapDump button, JConsole fails to take the dump and shows an Error dialog
Kaa, heapdump is probably generated to current working directory of the application when absolute path is not provided,
but that's not what this issue is about. The problem we are discussing here is caused by incorrect handling of provided
absolute path parameter for heapdump, which is likely on the JDK side.
Just a verification:
- when "E:\Projects\ěšč\AnagramGame\dump.hprof" is used, dumping the heap fails
- when "E:\Projects\dump.hprof" is used, dumping the heap works as expected
Created attachment 65392 [details]
Screenshot of the failure in JConsole
Closing as WONTFIX again.
QE please file a bug for JDK and provide a link here OR provide detailed reproducible steps for JConsole to correctly
dump the heap to a path containing special characters.
Filed CR 6729929 in bugster