When I am developing I have to run different classes, e.g. when I am testing and test one class at a time. In this case
for every run, a new tab is created. This gets very fast complex and confusing. So I want to close the windows or
rearrange them, but it's not possible.
My suggestion is to make the tabs flexible like any tabs are nowadays:
- drag and drop to rearrange them
- close all/close others and so forth
- coloring? I would find it cool when e.g. tests have different colors or so, but that's just a spontaneous idea
- some functionality like in Eclipse would be desirable: clear ouput, lock autoscrolling, lock auto tab selection, ...
Just have a look at the Eclipse output window
- when selected a word in the output, highlight other instances of this word. much like notepad++ does
I am sure that there are a lot more exciting new features for the output window.
reassigning to core/output
> close all/close others and so forth
See the context menu of the tab.
> when selected a word in the output, highlight other instances of this word. much like notepad++ does
Highlighting is not yet supported, but you can FILTER the lines. See context menu.
CTRL-L - see context menu
Keep the scrollbar at the bottom and will auto-scroll when new content is printed.
Keep the scrollbar NOT at the bottom and will NOT auto-scroll when new content is printed.
(That is my experience. I do not know how to describe it better.)
(Experiences made with NB7.2)