Bug 136742 - I18N - HttpMonitor Server Side shows incorrect mbyte after generating WS Client
I18N - HttpMonitor Server Side shows incorrect mbyte after generating WS Client
Status: NEW
Product: javaee
Classification: Unclassified
Component: HTTP Monitor
6.x
All All
: P3 (vote)
: 6.x
Assigned To: issues@javaee
issues@javaee
: I18N
Depends on:
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2008-06-07 18:13 UTC by kaa
Modified: 2009-02-19 22:45 UTC (History)
3 users (show)

See Also:
Issue Type: DEFECT
:


Attachments
winxp: ja locale, utf-8 project encoding (97.21 KB, image/jpeg)
2008-06-07 18:15 UTC, kaa
Details
Solaris 10: ja non UTF-8 locale (134.04 KB, image/jpeg)
2008-06-07 18:17 UTC, kaa
Details
Solaris 10: ja UTF-8 locale (147.43 KB, image/jpeg)
2008-06-07 18:18 UTC, kaa
Details
After the step 4, Test Web Service results (2.92 KB, text/plain)
2008-10-07 17:55 UTC, kaa
Details
TCP monitor and HTTP Monitor (295.91 KB, image/jpeg)
2008-11-19 16:11 UTC, Milan Kuchtiak
Details

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description kaa 2008-06-07 18:13:26 UTC
used trunk build 0529.
In the default en locale on Solaris 10 and WinXP I was able to create WS client and HTTP monitor looks ok there.

Steps:
1. Create WebApp using mbyte in its name
2. Create Web Service using mbyte in its name
3. Add an Operation using mbyte in its name
4. Deploy the app to GlassFish
5. Create WS Client using this web service

WinXP:
In ja locale Http Monitor shows incorrect mbyte.
Happens for UTF-8 and win-31j project encodings.

Solaris 10, UTF-8 project encoding:
Using both locales: Ja UTF-8 and non UTF-8 Http Monitor shows incorrect mbyte.

Also I see errors in GF log and the client looks not generated.
I'll investigate more and file separate issue on this.
Comment 1 kaa 2008-06-07 18:15:02 UTC
Created attachment 62522 [details]
winxp: ja locale, utf-8 project encoding
Comment 2 kaa 2008-06-07 18:17:51 UTC
Created attachment 62523 [details]
Solaris 10: ja non UTF-8 locale
Comment 3 kaa 2008-06-07 18:18:34 UTC
Created attachment 62524 [details]
Solaris 10: ja UTF-8 locale
Comment 4 Sonali Kochar 2008-10-02 07:06:10 UTC
As far as I know, the http monitor code does not create any request/response to the resource.The code implements a
javax.servlet.Filter and performs filtering tasks on the request to a resource and on the response from a resource. The
code gets a HttpServletRequest and gets all the params from it, including the RequestURI, and displays the attributes.
What the code sees, it displays. If it sees an incorrect mbyte, thats what it will display..Not sure if bug is in the
servlet container or webservices code.

Can you attach the project that you used for this bug? I created a web project with all the steps given and it doesnt
execute..

Once the project is attached, I will transfer the bug to web services team so that they can evaluate if the bug is in
webservices code...
Comment 5 Sonali Kochar 2008-10-02 07:06:25 UTC
As far as I know, the http monitor code does not create any request/response to the resource.The code implements a
javax.servlet.Filter and performs filtering tasks on the request to a resource and on the response from a resource. The
code gets a HttpServletRequest and gets all the params from it, including the RequestURI, and displays the attributes.
What the code sees, it displays. If it sees an incorrect mbyte, thats what it will display..Not sure if bug is in the
servlet container or webservices code.

Can you attach the project that you used for this bug? I created a web project with all the steps given and it doesnt
execute..

Once the project is attached, I will transfer the bug to web services team so that they can evaluate if the bug is in
webservices code...
Comment 6 Sonali Kochar 2008-10-02 07:16:17 UTC
After Step 4, please right-click on the web service created in Step2, and select "Test Web Service" option..

What does the browser show?
Comment 7 Sonali Kochar 2008-10-02 19:11:00 UTC
I tried to debug a little more - The GET requests that are not being I18n are the ones generated by webservices - the
query string are "xsd=1" and "WSDL"

Transferring the bug to webservices
Comment 8 kaa 2008-10-07 17:55:27 UTC
Created attachment 71310 [details]
After the step 4, Test Web Service results
Comment 9 Ken Frank 2008-11-12 03:16:07 UTC
kaa, if the info you provided is what was asked for, can you
remove the incomplete keyword ?  

ken.frank@sun.com
Comment 10 kaa 2008-11-12 17:26:26 UTC
Hope I answered all questions.
Removing INCOMPLETE keyword.
Comment 11 Milan Kuchtiak 2008-11-19 16:10:12 UTC
The query strings are absolutely fine.
I used tcmpon tool to monitor that web service
The picture shows that HTTP monitor mangle somehow the request URI.
The client for that Web service is working fine. May be just the GlassFish Tester web application is not working for
these services.

Sending back to http monitor
Is this really P2 bug.

Comment 12 Milan Kuchtiak 2008-11-19 16:11:40 UTC
Created attachment 73922 [details]
TCP monitor and HTTP Monitor


By use of this website, you agree to the NetBeans Policies and Terms of Use. © 2012, Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates. Sponsored by Oracle logo