See thread: http://www.netbeans.org/servlets/BrowseList?list=nbj2ee&by=thread&from=849056
creating the initial deployment directory is the bottleneck.
was able to reduce the "copy time" from 1 minute 20 seconds to 6 seconds in my test, based on the seampagination sample.
This needs to get verified by other users and then get rolled into the 6.1 patch 2, if no regressions are found.
clarify the details on the issue a bit.
Tested with success (9 minutes deployment reduced to some few seconds..)
The fix has been ported into the release61_fixes repository.
The regression for this bug was found in NetBeans 6.7 with EAR-applications. Deployment takes ~6 minutes. The bottleneck is near deployment directory construction (Initial deploying).
(In reply to comment #5)
> The regression for this bug was found in NetBeans 6.7 with EAR-applications.
> Deployment takes ~6 minutes. The bottleneck is near deployment directory
> construction (Initial deploying).
Please provide enough details about the situation so that we can make progress on analyzing/resolving this. You may want to open a new issue.
1. The problem is 100% reproducible.
2. My "Enterprise Application" project contains one web module, one EJB-module and both uses the same project as shared library.
3. If i use "deploy on save" option, this bug is irrelevant.
4. At the first Deploy this bug does not occurs, but if i click Deploy at second time, it will work very slow. There is a workaround for this: if i use "Clean and Build" for this project and then "Deploy" every time, it work much faster.
5. Size of the result .ear file is ~25M
6. I use glassfish v2.1 with netbeans 6.7 at Solaris\sparc
7. JavaServerFacer framework enabled for web module that included to EAR-application and some JPA's EJB beans are registered in EJB-module.
8. I can't check it with NetBeans 6.8 because JSF1.2 projects is no longer supported by netbeans and it can't be built.