Netbeans 6.1, jdk 1.6.0_06, opensuse 10.3
* Open Tools -> Options -> C/C++ -> Other
* Add a new filename extension and optionally change the default.
* Netbeans recognizes the new extensions as expected.
* End the netbeans session and start netbeans again.
* The changes in the filename extension list are lost.
Note: The new filename extensions can be seen in the configuration file
after ending the netbeans session. Unfortunately the configuration data
is changed to default when starting a new netbeans session.
Created attachment 60844 [details]
IDE cannot open file with new extension
P2 because it is regression
Scenario for attachment:
1. start IDE with empty user dir
2. add new extension for header
3. create new application
4. add new header with recently added extension
5. all editor features ok
6. restart IDE
7. see exception (in current developer IDE version)
8. file does not open in editor
9. added extension is missed
Last scenario repeated in NB 6.1 (without exception that I suppose is suppressed)
So I think the bug is candidate to fix in path.
If user uses nonstandard file extension (s)he cannot use NB 6.1 for c/c++ development at all.
*** Issue 134391 has been marked as a duplicate of this issue. ***
fixed by http://hg.netbeans.org/main/rev/08cf02914398
verified in 200805150003 build
fix backported into release61_fixes branch