I had a .h file open in the editor. I though that it would be quite useful to have some syntax highlighting as well.
So I added the C/C++ module through the plug-in manager and allowed the IDE to restart straight away. Unfortunately it
seems that the previously opened .h file is now stopping my IDE from starting. It freezes at the point where it has
launched the main IDE window but has yet to close-down the splash screen.
I get the feeling that there is probably a .ser or some-such file that will let me overcome this problem, but I'm not
sure what it is.
Please find my message.log file with exception attached.
Created attachment 59223 [details]
IDE log with exception for spconstants.h
Could you please generate thread-dump when the IDE freezes ?
Created attachment 59387 [details]
The stdout also includes the following lines which may be of interest
ALL [null]: Source: MultiFileObject@19e0019[Windows2Local/Components/SPconstants.settings]
ALL [null]: Cannot read class: org.openide.text.CloneableEditor
*** Issue 131745 has been marked as a duplicate of this issue. ***
I have kept my old user areas in case they prove to be helpful in the future, such as for testing a fix. I will keep
them until this issue is resolved.
I'd like to reproduce the deadlock to verify the fix. What version of IDE did you use exactly? Java SE only? Please
describe exactly steps to reproduce. How did you open .h file? What was opened in editor in the time of restart? Etc. Thanks
Please find attached module with proposed fix and verify in your environment whether the issue is fixed. I'm not able to
reproduce the problem. Thanks.
Created attachment 59533 [details]
module with fix
The module is to be placed under netbeans/ide9/modules folder of your NB installation.
Created attachment 59543 [details]
I've attached patch.
tried both on Windows XP, and Linux, and could not reproduce; my steps:
1) downloaded javaee distribution of IDE (from log it seems that you use this distribution)
2) started IDE (used fresh userdir)
3) opened and closed some project (in order to have some recent project)
4a) opened spconstants.h by File | Open file..
4b) tried also alternative scenario when spconstants.h was part of some javaproject - then opening was by doubleclick on
node in projects view
5) Tools|Plugins - installed C/C++ plugin
6) confirmed restart of IDE
7) IDE was restarted, and started ok, no file was opened in editor
reporter, could you please correct my steps how to reproduce this deadlock? Or eventually try the fix yourself, in order
to make sure fix works? Thanks in advance.
Pushed to main:
I applied your fix and tried starting against each of my "bad" user areas and the IDE started in each case. Magic!
Thank you for your effort in fixing this. It is much appreciated.
Thanks for verification. Could you please comment on "musilt2 Wed Apr 2 12:45:39" comment - we would like to verify the
fix also. Thanks.
The steps look fine. Unfortunately, as you can see from the duplicate issue, although I hit this problem 3 times, I had
different things on each occasion. It seems that there is some random element to this. Is there any value with me
running again without the fix to see if I can recreate this myself?
dynamite, try to run the IDE with the patch. We will try the same either we cannot reproduce it. If there won't be any
new deadlock or re-appearance of the original deadlock then we will proceed with the integration of the fix to the 6.1
OK, I don't think you need to run IDE without the fix. Thanks anyway.
Okay, I've almost finished today. I'll let you know how I get on tomorrow.
Pushed to release61 repo.
Change in release61 repo rollbacked. Waititng for QE approval.
The patch is OK, please integrate it.
I've had no problems all day despite a number of restarts. It seems okay to me as well.
since this fix works for reporter well, and i did not found any regression during testing projects (with project-ui JAR
containing your fix), please integrate into 6.1.
Pushed to release61 repo again.