Stumbled across this in build 200803251204:
- choose a "Database" in "Services", select "connect"
- specify user credentials and choose "ok"
- see the database as "connected" in the "Databases" list
- do right-click / "execute command" on the database resource
By then, things are like this:
- The "Connection:" entry on top of the SQL window is empty. Trying to choose the previously connected db resource in
there fails, leaving the field empty.
- The "run sql" button is greyed out.
- Selecting text, doing right-click / "run selection" makes the IDE tell me to please choose a valid database connection
first. Unfortunately, I can't, as stated earlier.
At the moment, so, running SQL commands on some database in NetBeans is unusable.
Product Version: NetBeans IDE Dev (Build 200803251204)
Java: 1.6.0_10-beta; Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM 11.0-b11
System: Linux version 2.6.24-12-generic running on i386; UTF-8; de_DE (nb)
This should be fixed now, please verify, and if it still is a problem, reopen 130869.
*** This issue has been marked as a duplicate of 130869 ***