Various improvements in the Ruby/Rails debuggers.
Any chance this will include RFE 111574?
Correction: Sorry, I meant #107761
I'm not sure. Nobody worked on the debugger approximately for last two months. I worked on the infrastructure and for
6.1 I would like to provide rather decent support for Fast JRuby debugger (we did a lot of work on it at
debug-commons@rubyforge project, so it would be pity not having decent support in any IDE).
So the Fast JRuby debugger is the only big debugger feature which is really planned for 6.1 in the meantime.
But to be honest I haven't go through debuggers RFEs for longer time. I thought that issues like:
- Ability to apply breakpoint hit condition (issue 100096)
- Ability to set exception breakpoint (issue 99770)
- Make Value field in Local Variables writable (issue 112358)
and other smaller features would be possible candidate for 6.1. But might I could rather work just on "Interactive
debugging console". Might be one-weekend work, who knows. But there are tenths of such one-weekend works ;) Sorry, no
good news. But as I said, maybe...
We can consider this done for NetBeans 6.1. The main improvements in NB 6.1 in this area are:
- Fast debugger for JRuby
- Better out of box experience
- Fixed problems related to the use of multiple Ruby interpreters by introducing the Ruby Platform concept