- ability to DnD whole tab groups/windows/modes
- drag is started by dragging free area on tab group title
- group can be dropped as whole tab group or into existing tab group
- when tab group is dragged to "sliding" bar, all tabs are made sliding
- ability to DnD whole "sliding" bar at once
- new view tab layout must be implemented first, editor tab layout modified
- drag ghost image of groups must be implemented first
- winsys DnD infrastructure changes, transferable to hold tab group instead of one component
Estimation: 4 man weeks
More optimistic estimate is 1-2 weeks.
moving opened issues from TM <= 6.1 to TM=Dev
*** Issue 140864 has been marked as a duplicate of this issue. ***
*** Issue 147182 has been marked as a duplicate of this issue. ***
> - drag is started by dragging free area on tab group title
Hm, I don't see this free area on tab group title ???
- make separators between the tab groups capable for dragging, see Issue 147182.
Suggestion: if moving a separator exceeds a reasonable limit (e.g. border of NetBeans main frame),
action should switch to dragging, and separator should jump back to it's recent position.
- choose free white background of respective open tab window.
Problem in text areas (e.g. editor, output): also free space is occupied for marking text.
In this case, free space in windows toolbar could be used.
Just to draw attention to this issue.
It was planned for 6.5.
Related: Issue 150851
implemented in 7.1