I18N - UML Document window character attribute does not change in ja_JP
Product Version: NetBeans IDE Dev (Build 200710281200)
Java: 1.6.0_01; Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM 1.6.0_01-b06
System: SunOS version 5.11 running on sparc; UTF-8; ja_JP (nb)
This problem is also reproducible on Windows XP SP2.
To reproduce the problem:
1. create a UML project and create a Use Case diagram
2. open UML Document window if necessary
3. put a Use Case element on the diagram, and select the element
4. click in the Document window, and type "a" to avoid Issue#120436
5. type Ctrl-Space to enable input method
6. type "aaa" then type Return to get Hiragana string
7. click Bold button
8. type "aaa" then type Return to get Hiragana string
step 6 and step 8 give the same character appearance. If a part
of string is selected and Bold button is clicked, attribute will
be changed on that part.
if this is about area where diagram items are, then following comment is valid;
if its about actual doc area, it still might be valid if that uses same
code/lib as diagram area:
probably a duplicate of long standing issues, 78353, regarding uml design window
and input of multibyte; many things have been fixed and its known that
some things have not; for nb6 I believe the overall issue has been waived
and the workaround of using the properties window to compose and add the
uml team can decide if this one is a duplicate of that overall issue.
to dev team, please evaluate and see if this is duplicate of other issue
mentioned in this report and also if not, can this be fixed for 6.5 ?