Bug 120342 - (NB beta 2) No persistence provider for EntityManager
(NB beta 2) No persistence provider for EntityManager
Status: RESOLVED DUPLICATE of bug 119567
Product: guibuilder
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Code
6.x
PC Windows Vista
: P2 (vote)
: TBD
Assigned To: issues@guibuilder
issues@guibuilder
:
Depends on:
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2007-10-29 13:44 UTC by grizzlydan
Modified: 2007-10-29 17:46 UTC (History)
1 user (show)

See Also:
Issue Type: DEFECT
:


Attachments

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description grizzlydan 2007-10-29 13:44:21 UTC
I'm using the same project in NB beta 1 and NB beta 2.
In NB beta 1 all is ok.
When I use a project in NB beta 2 it fails with this error:

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" javax.persistence.PersistenceException: No Persistence provider for 
EntityManager named ZakazkyTestPU:  The following providers:
oracle.toplink.essentials.PersistenceProvider
oracle.toplink.essentials.ejb.cmp3.EntityManagerFactoryProvider
Returned null to createEntityManagerFactory.

        at javax.persistence.Persistence.createEntityManagerFactory(Persistence.java:154)
        at pzs.PZSApp.propertyChange(PZSApp.java:198)
        at java.beans.PropertyChangeSupport.firePropertyChange(PropertyChangeSupport.java:339)
        at org.jdesktop.application.AbstractBean$EDTPropertyChangeSupport.firePropertyChange(AbstractBean.java:147)
        at java.beans.PropertyChangeSupport.firePropertyChange(PropertyChangeSupport.java:276)
        at org.jdesktop.application.AbstractBean.firePropertyChange(AbstractBean.java:122)
        at pzs.PZSApp.setPersistenceProperties(PZSApp.java:87)
        at pzs.PZSApp.ready(PZSApp.java:169)
        at org.jdesktop.application.Application$DoWaitForEmptyEventQ.finished(Application.java:408)
        at org.jdesktop.application.Task.done(Task.java:750)
        at org.jdesktop.swingworker.SwingWorker$5.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:209)
        at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:597)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:273)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:183)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:173)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:168)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:160)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:121)

When the project is stored in the implicit folder in Documents and Settings\.. \Documents\NetBeansProjects then all 
is ok.
Comment 1 Peter Pis 2007-10-29 14:27:42 UTC
Can it be caused by the update of beans binding library? 

Reassigning to "form".
Comment 2 Jan Stola 2007-10-29 15:39:33 UTC
Did you try to clean/build the project? Did it help?

> When the project is stored in the implicit folder in Documents and Settings\..\Documents\NetBeansProjects
> then all is ok.

What is the name of the folder where is the problematic project stored? Does the folder (or path to this folder) 
contain some non-ASCII characters?
Comment 3 grizzlydan 2007-10-29 17:24:53 UTC
> Did you try to clean/build the project? Did it help?

Of course I did. But it dosn't help.

> What is the name of the folder where is the problematic project stored? Does the folder (or path to this folder) 
> contain some non-ASCII characters?

Here is the full path

d:\_Programovani\1 Java\4 Projects\2 Rozpracované\PZS-1.0.0\src\

I will check another path without non-ASCII characters.
Comment 4 Jan Stola 2007-10-29 17:36:45 UTC
>> Did you try to clean/build the project? Did it help?
> Of course I did. But it dosn't help.

I thought so, but I have to verify that ;-).

> Here is the full path
> d:\_Programovani\1 Java\4 Projects\2 Rozpracované\PZS-1.0.0\src\

That seems to be the root of the problem. Recently, we have found out that TopLink has problems with directories with 
some non-ASCII characters. Unfortunately, we cannot fix or workaround that. It must be fixed in TopLink library itself. 
It is a regression in the latest TopLink builds - the version bundled with NetBeans 6.0 Beta 1 didn't have this problem.

*** This issue has been marked as a duplicate of 119567 ***
Comment 5 grizzlydan 2007-10-29 17:46:43 UTC
I have changed the path 
from

d:\_Programovani\1 Java\4 Projects\2 Rozpracované\PZS-1.0.0\

to

d:\_Programovani\1 Java\4 Projects\2 Rozpracovane\PZS-1.0.0\

and now it is working.


By use of this website, you agree to the NetBeans Policies and Terms of Use. © 2012, Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates. Sponsored by Oracle logo