1) Open VW project,
2) The Page is opened and the designer tab is selected,
3) The outline inside navigator is provided
4) Go to project tab, and close the VW project
5) The designer gets closed
6) But the outline remains (its nodes are changed, but not because of
notifications from navigator.
It is expected that the panelDeactivated be called, which isn't.
It creates a memory leak in the outline (after closing the project) - missed the
cleaning in the panelDeactivated method.
CC interested parties, also added PERFORMANCE keyword -> memory leak.
I believe this is fixed along with the fix of 104229. Navigator now listen to node destroy, so it should update
correctly and call panelDeactivated.
It is not fixed now, or it came back.
The scenario now.
1) Open the VW project,
2) open a designer, that opens the navigator and outline in it, and panelActivated is called
3) close the designer, that closes also the navigator, but panelDeactivated method is not called.
That causes memory leak.
This should be fixed for NB 6.1. It causes a significant memory leak in visual web (~20 MB of memory on a project with
2 pages), so I am upgrading this to P2.
working on it...
fixed and test implemented:
Checking in test/unit/src/org/netbeans/modules/navigator/NavigatorTCTest.java;
/cvs/core/navigator/test/unit/src/org/netbeans/modules/navigator/NavigatorTCTest.java,v <-- NavigatorTCTest.java
new revision: 1.17; previous revision: 1.16
Checking in test/unit/src/org/netbeans/modules/navigator/NavigatorControllerTest.java;
new revision: 1.7; previous revision: 1.6
Checking in src/org/netbeans/modules/navigator/NavigatorController.java;
/cvs/core/navigator/src/org/netbeans/modules/navigator/NavigatorController.java,v <-- NavigatorController.java
new revision: 1.37; previous revision: 1.36