Created attachment 102212[details]
Debugging session before calling "setText" method at line 58 of Anagrams.java file.
Product Version: NetBeans IDE 6.9.1 (Build 201007282301)
Java: 1.6.0_22; Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM 17.1-b03
System: Linux version 2.6.31-22-generic running on i386; UTF-8; en_US (nb)
It is very hard to guess which part of a complex expression is being debugged, because the visual feedback is not useful. Whole line of code is light green but concrete part of the code to be executed is not highlighted. The only help comes from the Variables view that shows "Before call to <method>" hints and the like.
Since this makes the "Step Over Expression" feature almost unusable and it is actually a regression from NetBeans 6.8, I consider the bug P2.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Launch NetBeans IDE with empty userdir.
2. Create new AnagramGame Java sample project.
3. Open Anagrams.java file and toggle line breakpoint at line 58.
4. Press Ctrl+F5 to start debugging main project.
5. Once the breakpoint at line 58 is hit, press Shift+F8 twice.
6. You will see that "setText" method call is not highlighted.