We have been testing some new support on OpenVMS for special characters in
filenames. Things seem to be working well! This support for special
characters in a filename on VMS is enabled using logical names in the
launcher. We also no longer set the properties for the attribute filename and
the backup extension. These changes also require changes in some other code,
which are detailed in issue #18368.
In addition, this version of the launcher points at the proper JVM for this
version of NetBeans and also implements a -help switch.
I'll attach the patch here for your review/approval unless you tell me to check
it in (I'll need help getting the right branch I'm sure).
These changes are required by Issue 18368. And this change requires
that the patch for 18368 also be applied. If 18368 is rejected for
release330, then this patch must be rejected for release330 as well.
We apologize for being so late with this. We only recently received
from our RTL group the changed libraries that support extended
Meg, I had some difficulties with your patch. It was created against
an older revision of runideopenvms.com (r1.4). I had to manually fix it.
Next time please produce patches according to instructions from
This (fixed) patch and the one from bug 18368 were merged together and
attached to 18368. I mark this one as duplicate of #18368.
*** This issue has been marked as a duplicate of 18368 ***
Thanks for adding the patch. I'm confused about the revision
problem, and I'd like to know what I did wrong.
I did the following:
cvs co -rrelease330 core/release/bin/runideopenvms.com
Then I made my changes and did a:
cvs -rrelease330 diff > runideopenvms.patch
cvs server: Diffing .
And the runideopenvms.patch file is what I provided to you.
Can you please point out what I did wrong so I don't make this
I just looked at the patch file I attached, and it was completely
messed up. I don't know how I managed to mess this up so badly, but
I can't apologize enough.
I am attaching here the actual file I would like checked in. I doubt
I'll be able to mess this up (I probably shouldn't say that ;-))
Sooooo, if you could please check this file into the CVS library to
go with issue 18368 I would be most appreciative.