Oracle Introduces NetBeans IDE 7.2
24 Jul 2012
New Release Enables Faster Development Cycles and Better Code Quality
Redwood Shores, Calif. – July 24, 2012
- Helping to further optimize the Java development experience, Oracle today announced NetBeans Integrated Development Environment (IDE) 7.2.
- NetBeans IDE is a free, open source IDE available for Windows, Mac, Oracle Solaris, Oracle Linux, and other Linux distributions, that enables developers to rapidly create web, enterprise, desktop and mobile applications for the Java platform, PHP and C/C++.
- Highlights of NetBeans IDE 7.2 include:
- Enhanced Developer Productivity: Native integration with FindBugs™, a popular, open source Java-based static analysis tool, provides code hints in the editor, offering immediate feedback, and code inspections that can be run across projects, thereby helping to lower costs by preventing bugs early in the development lifecycle. Coupled with other editor enhancements such as a bookmark manager; code completion in the search bar; JPA code completion and more hints and refactorings, these capabilities help improve developer productivity.
- Improved Performance: Smarter project scanning enables the IDE to start more smoothly and noticeably faster; new background scanning allows features such as Java editing to work immediately; and UI responsiveness is not blocked by I/O operations, helping to improve performance by up to 60 percent, depending on project settings, with 10 percent improvement in average startup times.
Back to Press Archive