NetBeans Software Release 3.4 Available
27 Aug 2002
NetBeans 3.4 offers improved performance and new features
to help YOU be more productive.
- Pop-up Javadoc documentation - NetBeans' already excellent code completion now displays documentation for classes as you navigate them, resulting in fewer missteps
- Live parsing and error marking - syntactical and semantic
errors are highlighted as you type. Where before you might need
to recompile to find simple typos and minor errors, you now
get instant feedback.
- Completely redesigned debugger user interface.
- New editor toolbar for fast navigation to class members
and easy access to powerful editor features.
- Drag and drop support - drag tabs between windows to customize
your desktop (JDK 1.4.1 only on
Windows); drag tree nodes such as methods and fields
between classes and more.
- Windowing system improvements to use screen space more
- Close buttons on tabs in the editor and elsewhere.
You also get all of the features you've already come to expect
in NetBeans, such as CVS support, code completion, JSP & Servlet,
CORBA, RMI, JDBC support, and support for multiple JDKs.
The new module catalogue is also available
and for more free and commercial extensions try:
You can also build NetBeans 3.4 software from sources, or get the 3.4 release of the NetBeans platform for building custom applications. See the development download page:
The NetBeans IDE 3.4 can be downloaded from:
Back to Press Archive